Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Let's Make Love...And Listen To 'Death From Above' "

ALERT! - AWESOME BAND DETECTED HERE
See this
and this as well

They are called 'Cansei de ser sexy' or "Tired of being sexy" (I think that's how it translates). They have a very playful, fun sound. If you listen to music to feel happy, they might do for you. Check out the videos, too. They are equally bizarre, which is a VERY good thing.

Saw a video about Kim Jong-Il today in World issues. It's very frightening, and at the same time, very amusing. I say this because it is NOT just the story of a guy with too much power and a few screws loose. It is the story of the potential in all of us, to be decadent, to be deviant, and to be destructive. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, so the saying goes: In a country where your father is GOD, and you are a General from Heaven, I guess that goes doubly so. I think it is safe to say that Kim Jong-Il does not inhabit the same world we do.

I wouldn't go so far as to make Kim a tragic victim of circumstance. He may not be politically inclined - it is no secret that his first love is the arts - but he is "a genius" when it comes to terrorism. For starving his people to build the army (among other things), he must go. The real problem is, with a propaganda machine such as it has, North Korea is unlikely to have a powerful revolutionary movement. Outside intervention hardly seems to solve the problem, though: NKs armed forces number over 1 million, and there is now the 'Nuke Factor' to consider. Economic sanctions won't do much to an already-collapsed economy. Perhaps more civilians will die as a result. At any rate, I don't know what to do about Kim Jong-Il, but I DO know that the civilians have to be seen to. Haven't they suffered enough?

Looks like the Ontario Government is up to some more Brainwashing. Standardized character education? Give me a break. Most teachers impart this kind of thing already, but on the advisory level. It is one thing to be spoken to on a person-to-person level, but to be instructed in values? That is demeaning.

I sent off another letter to the Ottawa Citizen. This time for credit in my world issues class. Here's hoping I'll be 2 for 2.

I think that's it for tonight. I have some sleep to be getting.

No comments:

Some Rights Reserved

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.