Monday, January 28, 2008

It was 20 years ago today/

Morgentaler got the courts to say/

That abortion wasn't out of style/

And the feminists, it made them smile!


:)


I thought I'd do just a little something to celebrate the 20th anniversary of legal, safe access to abortion in Canada. It literally has to be "little", because I have to leave for class with all due alacrity, but perhaps I will add some more to it upon my return home. So, to all the women out there who still bother to read this, my condolences: it took our society until just 20 years ago to figure out that you had the right to reproductive freedom, so I expect today might be a little bittersweet when put in larger perspective. To the dissenters - the so-called "pro-life" camp - my condolences: it's 2008 and you still haven't figured it out yet.


On a final note, I still think it's best to just use brains and birth control to avoid unwanted pregnancy altogether, with special emphasis on the use of the former. This is not only proactive, I'm pretty sure it's less expensive as well.


You go, grrrrls!

-LOUD

No comments:

Some Rights Reserved

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.