Monday, December 06, 2010

Loud Earned the Power of Self-Respect!

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
(Author: Alice Bradley)

Given that I chose "separation" as my word-of-the-year, you already know some of the things that I've let go of, or maybe those things or people let go of me? Either way, you have at least half the story. If I had to add anything, I'd say that this year I finished letting go of my very own Evil Ex (thank you, Scott Pilgrim!). Frankly, that's a little embarrassing that it took so long, but a) I can't change anything now and b) I might as well own who I am, even if I have made some mistakes in the past. I put too much hope, too much of myself into one person, and when the inevitable happened, I felt that I had invested too much to give up, even if giving up would have been the sane, the sensible, the adult thing to do. But I wouldn't say that I was an adult then.

I...I would answer "why", but it's really, really obvious why I would do such a thing.

-LOUD!

1 comment:

Daydream Believer said...

Because you share the insanity that engulfs even the best of us when our hormones and emotions plot to take over our rational minds?

I'm going with that.
Kanpai.

Some Rights Reserved

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.